10 Things You Should Know Before Moving to Naples, Florida
TOP REASONS TO LIVE IN NAPLES, FL
Is Naples Florida a Good Place to Live? Yes, it is certainly our favorite place to live in the entire USA.
Having lived here in Naples for a number of years now, my friends from up north are always asking me if Naples is as good as it fine reputation. The answer is always the same: the best place I could even imagine.
We would vacation here many times in the past and that experience was the magnet that pulled me here to Naples to retire.
The weather is terrific and the community services are superb.
Actually we drove up and down the entire east coast and west coast of Florida and here are the reasons we choose Naples over every other coastal community in the state.
1. Beaches – Naples, Florida is known for it’s beautiful white sandy beaches, terrific sunsets and clean warm gulf water.
With very clean sand and 17 miles of beaches, Naples enables both locals and tourist access almost the entire beach front.
Naples beaches are rated with the best beaches across the globe. Naples is now rated in the Top 10 Beaches for 2014 including Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park beach and Barefoot Beach.
2. Safety & Low Crime – Naples is certainly a safe place to live and compares favorably to the rest of the country. Actually according to a recently crime rate report, Naples crime rate falls far below other cities in Florida and the entire national average being about 47% lower than the average across the county. it was reported that there are about 11% more officers per 1k residents.
3. Architecture & Greenery – Terrific views of the beach and gulf are boasted by Naples visitors and residents. There are no tall buildings and there is a strong restriction on signs and billboards. The greenery, shrubs, palm trees and beautiful landscaping is dazzling.
4. Restaurants and fine dining – Enjoy wonderful fine dining with a full range of restaurant types. There is a great restaurant for all families to meet every budget. A few of the fine dining restaurants are Chop City Grill, The Turtle Club, Truluck's, and Jabbas on 5th Ave.
5. Pristine – The city is clean and spotless. With low crime, small signs, white sand beaches and expert landscaping, Naples looks and feels great every day. Walk or drive in amazement each day and enjoy this leisurely life style.
6. Boating, Fishing, Golf and tennis – We are just back from visiting all the charter fishing and sailing charters at the Dock and near Tin City. Fishing is a way of life here and both residents and tourists are out there daily fishing for the big catch. There are beautiful new and fully equiped yachts available for your next fishing or sailing adventure. With great windy days and the clean waters, boaters have a wonderful time in Naples.
Naples is a golfers dream come true. With almost 70 golf courses to choose from, golfers have a full range of challenging courses to visit. There are wonderful golf communities waiting all levels of play. Discover fine high end luxury homes in one of the smartest golf communities here. Just hop in your golf cart and out onto the first tee. It is all here awaiting you. There are marvelous tennis communities for the avid tennis fans.
7. Sunsets – Sun down time in Naples is something very special. Head for the beach each evening for a wonderful treat when the sun goes down and provides a never to forget sunset. You will find heart felt applause from folks at the beach and sitting up on their balconies. Find yourself an amazing home or condo along the beach and fill your life with romance and happiness like you have never experienced before at most locations in Florida.
8. Weather - Now to the weather. Naples weather averages at 77 degrees Fahrenheit. The summer months of July, August and September are the warmest and quickly it cools off from October through May and June. The water of the Gulf ranges from the 60's to the high 80's and is very pleasant and refreshing for sure.
9. Downtown Old Naples – The main street in Naples is 5th Avenue and is the real attraction to Old Naples. 3rd Street is also a major attraction for residents and tourists also. Here you will find many fine restaurants, shops and merchants for your enjoyment. Naples started off as a little fishing village and has grown to a thriving residential community attracting visitors and home owners from around the world.
Old Naples is the heartbeat of the city. Don’t let the name fool you. Nothing in this downtown area looks “old.”
10. The People – The people here are of all ages and from around the world. It seems that everyone is very happy to live in this little paradise and many folks go north to visit family and friends for a few months a year. A short visit to Naples on vacation may be all you need to make the big decision to move here and enjoy all the pleasures of life. There is even a wonderful outdoor church that allows your pets and casual attire held each Sunday at the Cambier park just one block south of the famous 5th Avenue.